Events and Media
We directly engage with organizations across the Nation to embrace a more sustained, proactive approach towards strengthening critical infrastructure cybersecurity. Our events are forums for industry, Federal, State, local, tribal, and territorial government partners, and other organizations of all sizes to discuss evolving cyber risk management needs and work together to forge solutions.
Regional Event Series
We host regional meetings across the Nation focused on Cybersecurity Framework use and available community resources available to various sectors and regions.
The primary goal of the Webinar Series is to encourage those unfamiliar to better understand and interact with our centralized repository of cyber risk management practices, tools, and procedures. Featuring topics such as incorporating threat information into Framework use and communicating about cybersecurity with the C-suite.
- Webinar: Cybersecurity Community Capacity BuildingTuesday, July 27, 20212:00 pm EDT to 3:00 pm EDT
In this webinar, panelists discussed how community-based cybersecurity is essential to the protection of the nation’s critical infrastructure. These experts from government and industry explored models for building resilient cyber systems, case studies on public-private information sharing, and best practices for distributed and community-based cyber capacity building.
- Webinar: Combating Online Influence and ManipulationThursday, February 25, 20211:00 pm EST to 2:00 pm EST
Foreign adversaries continue to seek ways to divide Americans and spread disinformation to undermine the public’s faith in democracy. Our strongest defense? An informed public. This webinar explored methods for combating online interference, such as source checking online networks and link analysis. Experts joined from across government and industry to discuss deep source checking, use cases, and promoting awareness and truth-based narratives.
- Webinar: COVID-19 Response: Lessons Learned on Cybersecurity and Resilience in a PandemicWednesday, July 15, 20202:00 pm EDT to 3:00 pm EDT
COVID-19 has forced state and local government to rapidly change how they operate and adapt to a volatile new environment. Now, state and local officials are teaming up to discuss lessons learned thus far about securing our communities during a pandemic.
Join this webinar to learn the latest on everything from cybersecurity for a remote workforce, to phishing and malware campaigns.
- Webinar: Smart CitiesThursday, January 30, 20201:00 pm EST to 2:00 pm EST
The city of the future is the city that’s connected. Municipalities across the United States are using “smart” IT systems to improve the daily lives of residents. For city leaders and constituents, these technologies present benefits, but also risks. Join this webinar to hear directly from city government and industry leaders about the opportunities and vulnerabilities related to Smart Cities technologies – and how everyone can participate in cities of the future.
- Webinar: 5G: Security and VulnerabilitiesWednesday, October 30, 201912:00 pm EDT to 1:00 pm EDT
Fifth-Generation (5G) technology represents the next step in wireless network opportunities, but it also introduces security concerns. This webinar from the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency includes an overview of 5G technology and the potential risks of 5G adoption and implementation within critical infrastructure.
Blogs and Articles
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Taking Measure BlogMonday, October 31, 2016
Sizing Up the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
By Carrie Johnson, Manager of Government & External Relations, SDN Communications
- Data Security Law BlogTuesday, September 15, 2015
Department of Homeland Security: "The C-Suite and Cybersecurity"
By Craig Newman, Partner, Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- CyberRx White PaperSaturday, August 1, 2015
Every Small Business Should Use the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
By Ola Sage, Founder & CEO, eManagement
- Startups, Think About Cybersecurity on Day OneSunday, March 1, 2015
Startups, Think About Cybersecurity on Day One (PDF | 51KB)
- George Mason University Center for Infrastructure Protection and Homeland Security CIP Report ArticleTuesday, July 1, 2014
NIST Cybersecurity Framework and the C³ Voluntary Program: Improving Cyber Resilience in the Private Sector
By Thad Odderstol, Director, Industry Engagement & Resilience, DHS