- Apple Mac OS X versions prior to and including 10.4.11 and 10.5.1
- Apple Mac OS X Server versions prior to and including 10.4.11 and 10.5.1
Apple has released Security Update 2007-009 to correct multiple vulnerabilities affecting Apple Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server. Attackers could exploit these vulnerabilities to execute arbitrary code, gain access to sensitive information, surreptitiously initiate a video conference, or cause a denial of service.
Apple Security Update 2007-009 addresses a number of vulnerabilities affecting Apple Mac OS X and OS X Server versions 10.4.11 and 10.5.1. Further details are available in the related vulnerability notes.
The update addresses vulnerabilities in other vendors' products that ship with Apple OS X or OS X Server. These products include:
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Shockwave
- GNU Tar
The impacts of these vulnerabilities vary. Potential consequences include arbitrary code execution, sensitive information disclosure, surreptitious video conference initiation, and denial of service.
Install updates from Apple
- Vulnerability notes for Apple Security Update 2007-009 - http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=apple-2007-009
- About Security Update 2007-009 - http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=307179
- Mac OS X: Updating your software - http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106704
- Apple - Support - Downloads - http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/
December 18, 2007: Initial release