- Apple Mac OS X
- Microsoft Windows
OS X users should use the Mac OS X Software Update feature to download and install Apple QuickTime 7.3. Consider scheduling Software Update to check for updates automatically (this option is enabled by default).
Microsoft Windows users should upgrade to Apple QuickTime 7.3.
QuickTime prior to version 7.3 has multiple image and media file handling vulnerabilities that could allow an attacker to run malicious programs on your computer. This could happen by visiting a malicious web site. Upgrading to Apple QuickTime version 7.3 will correct these vulnerabilities.
Note that Apple iTunes installs QuickTime, so any system with iTunes is vulnerable.
For more technical information, see US-CERT Technical Security Alert TA07-310A.
- US-CERT Technical Alert TA07-310A - <http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA07-310A.html>
- About the security content of the QuickTime 7.3 Update - <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306896>
- Apple QuickTime 7.3 for Windows - <http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/quicktime73forwindows.html>
- Apple - QuickTime - Download <http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/>
- Mac OS X: Updating your software - <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106704>
- Securing Your Web Browser - <http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/securing_browser/>
November 6, 2007: Initial release
Please share your thoughts.
We recently updated our anonymous product survey; we'd welcome your feedback.