Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and other operating systems that use the following products:
- Adobe Macromedia Flash Player
- Adobe Macromedia Flash
- Adobe Macromedia Flex
- Adobe Macromedia Breeze
- Adobe Macromedia Shockwave Player
There are critical vulnerabilities in Macromedia Flash player and related software that may allow an attacker to take control of your computer.
Adobe has provided updates to remedy these vulnerabilities. To obtain the updates, visit the Security Bulletin. US-CERT recommends that you upgrade to the current version of your Macromedia product.
Some features of Macromedia products contain critical vulnerabilities. If an attacker can convince you to open a malicious Flash file, which may be hosted on a web site, they may be able to take control of your computer or cause it to crash. The Macromedia Security Bulletin provides updates that address these vulnerabilities. For more technical information, see US-CERT Technical Cyber Security Alert TA06-075A.
- US-CERT Technical Cyber Security Alert TA06-075A.html - <http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA06-075A.html>
- US-CERT Vulnerability Note VU#945060 - <http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/945060>
- Macromedia - APSB06-03: Flash Player Update to Address Security Vulnerabilities - <http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/security/security_zone/apsb06-03.html>
- Microsoft Security Advisory (916208) - <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/916208.mspx>
Feedback can be directed to the