The Industrial Control Systems Joint Working Group (ICSJWG) provides a vehicle for communicating and partnering across all Critical Infrastructure (CI) Sectors between federal agencies and departments, as well as private asset owners/operators of industrial control systems.
Below, we invite you to find information on future and past ICSJWG meetings and webinars.
ICSJWG 2021 Fall Virtual Meeting was a success!
We are excited about the meeting and the response of the community!
On September 21st and 22nd, CISA presented the fourth virtual version of the Industrial Control Systems Joint Working Group (ICSJWG) bi-annual event, the ICSJWG Fall 2021 Virtual Meeting. We featured a unique greeting video from CISA Director Jen Easterly which inspired the audience to participate with CISA. We kicked off the meeting with a keynote by Acting Associate Director for Threat Hunting Alexis Wales speaking to “ICS Public Private Partnership – Taking It to the Next Level”. Day 2 was started with Aaron Boyd and Francesca Brogden from Dragos speaking about “Living Off the Land in an ICS/OT Penetration Test”.
On Day 1, ICS subject matter experts and ICSJWG partners delivered technical presentations concerning the cybersecurity of our critical infrastructure. We had an in-depth introduction to the CSET Ransomware module and an update about the Control Systems Working Group. Day 2 continued with presentations speaking to the CDET CYBER-CHAMP© training, to facilitate making our systems more secure and our workers more cyber-knowledgeable. We welcomed back three workshop style sessions produced by Idaho National Laboratory treating the Cybersecurity Testbed, Software Bills of Material, and Cost Effective SIEM.
The always popular and instructive “Capture the Flag” activity ran for the participants over both days.
The ICSJWG Fall 2021 Virtual Meeting Day 1 & Day 2 had a total of 3,691 live attendees across the 14 webcasts. The Fall meeting had representation from all 16 sectors, 57 countries and 48 U.S. states!
If you missed the opportunity to join us, click the link below for the 2021 Fall Meeting to access the recorded webcasts.
All webcasts were recorded for on-demand viewing and review, provided the presenter has released the material for on-demand viewing.
For additional information, please contact us at ICSJWG.Communications@cisa.dhs.gov.
Past Meeting Information
Fall 2021 Virtual Meeting on-demand viewing
On-demand viewing of released presentations from the Fall 2021 Virtual Meeting may be accessed here.
Agendas or webcasts for Previous Meetings
Please contact us if you have questions.
- ICSJWG September 2021 Virtual Meeting
- ICSJWG April 2021 Virtual Meeting
- ICSJWG September 2020 Virtual Meeting
- ICSJWG June 2020 Virtual Meeting
- ICSJWG August 2019 Meeting (Springfield, MA)
- ICSJWG April 2019 Meeting (Kansas City, MO)
- ICSJWG August 2018 Meeting (Cincinnati, OH)
- ICSJWG April 2018 Meeting (Albuquerque, NM)
- ICSJWG September 2017 Meeting (Pittsburgh, PA)
- ICSJWG April 2017 Meeting (Minneapolis, MN)
- ICSJWG September 2016 Meeting (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
- ICSJWG May 2016 Meeting (Scottsdale, AZ)
- ICSJWG October 2015 Meeting (Savannah, GA)
- ICSJWG June 2015 Meeting (Washington, DC)
- ICSJWG October 2014 Meeting (Idaho Falls, ID)
- ICSJWG June 2014 Meeting (Indianapolis, IN)
- ICSJWG November 2013 Meeting (Rockville, MD)
Please contact the respective author(s) directly for copies of presentations.
ICSJWG Webinar Series
Our Webinar Series is designed to inform the membership and general public about solutions to threats, vulnerabilities, and risks to critical infrastructure and control systems. The search for outstanding and value-added topics is ongoing. Please feel free to send an abstract or short description of any webinar idea to ICSJWG.Communications@cisa.dhs.gov and the Program Office will add it to the topic queue for review and possible inclusion into the series. Our intent is to have a webinar each quarter of the year. Please note that marketing or sales presentations aimed at gaining the audience's interest in services, capabilities, or products cannot be approved.
Registration for the next Webinar is now open!
Our next webinar will be on October 20, 2021 from 1:00 PM to 2:15 PM eastern time.
"THE END IS NEAR… Now What? Best Practices for End of Service and End of Life" will be presented by members of the ICSJWG Steering Team. Please join Jens Wiesner, team lead of the Industrial Cyber Security Unit at the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI), Dave Halla, Senior Program Manager for Critical Infrastructure at Battelle Memorial Institute, and Marco Ayala, Director of ICS Security and Sector Lead at 1898 & Co. for an overview of relevant challenges and possibilities in operating EOS systems.
Industrial control and automation systems (ICS) underpin much of our nation’s critical infrastructure. While ICS enables greater efficiency and productivity in the industrial environment, its long service life—often ten years or more—can lead to security risks where the manufacturer no longer provides systems updates and security support for them. This “end of support” (EOS) can leave ICS fundamentally at risk of being compromised or disrupted in operation by attackers or malware. How should this challenge be addressed to ensure EOS systems are operating as safely as possible?
Registration is open until October 19, 2021. Please use this link to register. Please use a work-related email address to register. Registrations using a public email address (yahoo, aol, gmail, hotmail, etc.) will not be processed and no confirmation with access information will be provided.
You can find the flyer for this webinar here.
Confirmation with access details will be provided as soon as possible after receipt of your registration.
Past webinar presentations which have been released are found below and may be requested from the Program Office through ICSJWG.Communications@cisa.dhs.gov. If they are still available, they will be forwarded to you upon request.
- June 2021: Supply Chain Risk Management in Operational Environments
- January 2021: Bow Tie Model of Destructive Malware
- October 2020: Robust Cyber Risk Management - Simplified
- March 2020: OT Needs 'Special Consideration' Which Means a Modified Approach to Security and True IT/OT Convergence to Achieve a Robust VM Program
- November 2019: Secure Operations Technology
- July 2019: Persistent Threat-Based Security for ICS Systems
- March 2019: Five Ways to Ensure the Integrity of Your Operations
- September 2018: The Top 20 Cyberattacks on Industrial Control Systems
- January 2018: Life After Ukraine: Industrial Control System Cybersecurity Industry Trends and Strategies
- October 2017: Creating Predictable Fail Safe Conditions for Healthcare Facility: Related Control Systems and Medical Devices by Use of System Segmentation
- July 2015: Protecting M2M Systems at the Edge
- October 2014: The New Paradigm for Information Security: Assumption of Breach
- June 2014: Online Real Time Monitoring for Change Identification
- March 2014: I Think, Therefore I Fuzz!
Have questions? Please contact us at at ICSJWG.Communications@cisa.dhs.gov.
For additional information on this working group, see the ICSJG Fact Sheet.