The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) hosts the Industrial Control Systems Joint Working Group (ICSJWG) to facilitate information sharing and reduce the risk to the nation’s industrial control systems.
The ICSJWG provides a vehicle for communicating and partnering across all Critical Infrastructure (CI) Sectors between federal agencies and departments, as well as private asset owners/operators of industrial control systems. The goal of the ICSJWG is to continue and enhance the collaborative efforts of the industrial control systems stakeholder community in securing CI by accelerating the design, development, and deployment of secure industrial control systems.
CISA/ICSJWG developed a Fact Sheet for quick reference information about the ICSJWG: ICSJWG Fact Sheet.
ICSJWG 2020 Virtual Spring Meeting Update
The agency has been monitoring the evolving COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus, situation closely, taking part in interagency and industry coordination calls, and working with critical infrastructure partners to prepare for possible disruptions to critical infrastructure that may stem from widespread illness, should the virus take hold in the U.S. You can find up-to-date information regarding these efforts at https://www.cisa.gov/coronavirus. Additionally, the agency issued a CISA Insights document titled, “Risk Management for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)” detailing steps to help executives think through physical, supply chain, and cybersecurity issues that may arise as a result of this ongoing public health concern, CISA.gov/insights.
ICSJWG 2020 Spring Virtual Meeting News!
On June 9th and 10th, CISA presented the first virtual version of the Industrial Control Systems Joint Working Group (ICSJWG) bi-annual event, the ICSJWG Spring 2020 Virtual Meeting.
We featured keynotes by CISA Director Chris Krebs, and Omair Manzoor, Founder of ioSentrix. Innovations included during this meeting were based on recommendations from attendees at previous meetings. On Day 1, presentations from ICS partners were delivered. Day 2 provided an overview of the new CISA ICS Training which is being introduced during the month of June 2020. Day 2 continued with additional technical workshop style presentations. Additionally, a “Capture the Flag” activity for the participants was provided over both days of the meeting.
The meeting was attended by ICS community members from around the globe, both new to the concepts and subject matter experts with years of experience. All presenter-approved presentations are available on the ICSJWG Engagement Hub until the ICSJWG Fall 2020 Meeting. The link to available presentations is here.
Over the course of the meeting we received almost 500 requests for membership. We also received a tremendous amount of positive feedback back from the attendees as well as constructive feedback that we will evaluate for improvements during the fall event. We look forward to continually building our partnership with the ICS Community.
For additional information, please contact us at ICSJWG.Communications@cisa.dhs.gov.
Previous Meeting Information
Please find agendas for previous meetings below.
Contact the respective author(s) directly for copies of presentations.
Please contact us if you have questions.
- ICSJWG June 2020 Virtual Meeting
- ICSJWG August 2019 Meeting (Springfield, MA)
- ICSJWG April 2019 Meeting (Kansas City, MO)
- ICSJWG August 2018 Meeting (Cincinnati, OH)
- ICSJWG April 2018 Meeting (Albuquerque, NM)
- ICSJWG September 2017 Meeting (Pittsburgh, PA)
- ICSJWG April 2017 Meeting (Minneapolis, MN)
- ICSJWG September 2016 Meeting (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
- ICSJWG May 2016 Meeting (Scottsdale, AZ)
- ICSJWG October 2015 Meeting (Savannah, GA)
- ICSJWG June 2015 Meeting (Washington, DC)
- ICSJWG October 2014 Meeting (Idaho Falls, ID)
- ICSJWG June 2014 Meeting (Indianapolis, IN)
- ICSJWG November 2013 Meeting (Rockville, MD)
- ICSJWG May 2013 Whitepapers and Presentations
- ICSJWG 2012 Fall Conference
- ICSJWG 2012 Spring Conference
If you would like to submit an article or whitepaper of general interest pertaining to control systems security, please send it to ICSJWG.Communications@cisa.dhs.gov for consideration. Submitted articles will be reviewed and approved by ICSJWG prior to publishing. Please note that marketing or sales presentations aimed at gaining the audience's interest in services, capabilities, or products cannot be approved.
Article submissions for the June 2020 edition are currently being accepted for review until June 12, 2020.
Copies of the current Newsletter and the previous three Quarter's Newsletters may be requested from ICSJWG.Communications@cisa.dhs.gov.
ICSJWG Products and Materials
ICSJWG Webinar Series
Our Webinar Series is designed to inform the membership and general public about solutions to threats, vulnerabilities, and risks to critical infrastructure and control systems. The search for outstanding and value-added topics is ongoing. Please feel free to send an abstract or short description of any webinar idea to ICSJWG.Communications@cisa.dhs.gov and the Program Office will add it to the topic queue for review and possible inclusion into the series. Our intent is to have a webinar each quarter of the year. Please note that marketing or sales presentations aimed at gaining the audience's interest in services, capabilities, or products cannot be approved.
Past webinar presentations which have been released are found below and may be requested from the Program Office through ICSJWG.Communications@cisa.dhs.gov. If they are still available, they will be forwarded to you upon request.
- March 2020 – OT Needs 'Special Consideration' Which Means a Modified Approach to Security and True IT/OT Convergence to Achieve a Robust VM Program
- November 2019 – Secure Operations Technology
- July 2019 – Persistent Threat-Based Security for ICS Systems
- March 2019 – Five Ways to Ensure the Integrity of Your Operations
- September 2018 - The Top 20 Cyberattacks on Industrial Control Systems
- January 2018 – Life After Ukraine: Industrial Control System Cybersecurity Industry Trends and Strategies
- October 2017 – Creating Predictable Fail Safe Conditions for Healthcare Facility - Related Control Systems and Medical Devices by Use of System Segmentation
- July 2015 – Protecting M2M Systems at the Edge
- October 2014 – The New Paradigm for Information Security: Assumption of Breach
- June 2014 – Online Real Time Monitoring for Change Identification
- March 2014 – I Think, Therefore I Fuzz!
Membership in the ICSJWG
By adding you to our membership rolls, you will receive all outgoing messages to the ICSJWG community, including newsletters, meeting notifications, training information, calls for comments, and other announcements.
Volunteer participation, by contributing ideas, sharing information, or working toward solutions for CI security, is encouraged. To get involved supporting a working activity which addresses critical infrastructure security, please let us know your ideas and the ICJSWG Steering Team (IST) and Program Management Office (PMO) will consider them. To get involved with the ICSJWG in general, please contact us at ICSJWG.Communications@cisa.dhs.gov.